Chocolate Truffle Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate cookie crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Whipped cream and chocolate-covered peppermint candies, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of cream; cook on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla; set aside. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high, one third at a time; mix well. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and candies if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 383 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 25, 2019
Too chocolate rich. Did not even use all off the melted chocolate and cream and sugar mixture. If you really like dark chocolate you probably like this.
Mar 23, 2018
Creamy, chocolate and very good. The family liked so we will be making again.
Mar 22, 2015
Not quite sweet enough for me. Even after loading it up with whipped cream. If you like dark chocolate flavor this is the pie for you
Jul 23, 2012
My 11-yr-old daughter was able to complete this recipe independently, which attests to its ease in preparation; but the chocolate flavor was a mite too intense for our family. Don't misunderstand- the texture was perfect and for a true chocoholic, you couldn't find a richer dessert. It just wasn't right for our family.
May 23, 2012
I have made this more times than I can count! It is one of our favorite chocolate desserts! (We love to sprinkle extra crushed oreos on top!)
Jan 30, 2012
This pie is delicious! My family loves it.
Nov 24, 2010
This pie was easy, and amazingly delicious. I used Ghiardelli dark chocolate chips, which gave it a wonderful dark chocolate flavor. I will definitely be making this again.
Jun 12, 2010
This pie was easy to make. Fun, nearly effortless, and also delicious!! Would make again!!!
Sep 16, 2008
When I made this recipe recently from 1998 Taste Of Home Annual Recipes I ran out of vanilla extract. The recipe calls for one tablespoon of vanilla extract. I poured what I thought was another bottle of vanilla extract which I had in a tablespoon and it formed a cloudy precipitate. It was orange extract in a vanilla extract box! It added a whole new flavor! I estimated that I mixed one teaspoon of each instead of one tablespoon of vanilla extract.Marie Gelsomino, Stroudsburg, PA