Chocolate-Hazelnut Cream Pie
We've all seen peanut butter pies, so I kick it up a notch with Nutella pie! This silky dessert is just fabulous. I sometimes add sliced bananas on top of the crust and then spoon the Nutella mixture over them for a Banana Hazelnut Cream Pie. —Anna Smith, North Salt Lake, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pulse cookies in a food processor until ground. Add butter; pulse until blended. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, Nutella, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Add to crust; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream, corn syrup, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat; add chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth; cool to spreading consistency. Spread over pie; sprinkle with hazelnuts. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 616 calories, 46g fat (22g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Nutella Cream Pie with Chocolate Topping in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America RTL 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.