Italian Chocolate-Hazelnut Cheesecake Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole or chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in mascarpone cheese, sour cream, lime juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for topping, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature or until mixture thickens to a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Spread chocolate mixture over pie; refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, top with hazelnuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Apr 13, 2018
So easy and SO DELICIOUS!!! We all loved it and I have made twice since the first time. I have been making my own chocolate crumb crust and added coarsely ground roasted hazelnuts to the crust which adds to the flavor. Definitely a keeper and highly recommend this pie!
Dec 23, 2015
This was very easy to make. When I made this I didn't have time to make the chocolate for the top, So I left it plain. It was very good and All my guests loved it! I will be making it for Christmas and again 2 days later. I might try different toppings or I may just leave it plain again. It's a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.