Italian Chocolate-Hazelnut Cheesecake Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole or chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in mascarpone cheese, sour cream, lime juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for topping, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature or until mixture thickens to a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Spread chocolate mixture over pie; refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, top with hazelnuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 13, 2018
So easy and SO DELICIOUS!!! We all loved it and I have made twice since the first time. I have been making my own chocolate crumb crust and added coarsely ground roasted hazelnuts to the crust which adds to the flavor. Definitely a keeper and highly recommend this pie!
Dec 23, 2015
This was very easy to make. When I made this I didn't have time to make the chocolate for the top, So I left it plain. It was very good and All my guests loved it! I will be making it for Christmas and again 2 days later. I might try different toppings or I may just leave it plain again. It's a keeper! Thanks for sharing!