Chocolate Caramel Hazelnut Pie
I love chocolate, caramel and hazelnuts so I came up with a recipe that has all three. If you don't have a food processor, place crust ingredients in a zip-top freezer bag and smash with a rolling pin. —Debbie Anderson, Mount Angel, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups salted caramel pretzel pieces
- 12 Lorna Doone shortbread cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons caramel topping, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 Snickers candy bar (1.86 ounces), chopped
- Place pretzel pieces and cookies in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add sugar and melted butter; pulse just until blended. Press onto bottom and sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons caramel topping. Freeze while preparing filling.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Gradually beat in marshmallow creme. Gently fold in whipped topping and marshmallows. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate until set, 3-4 hours. Top with chopped candy and remaining caramel topping before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 663 calories, 35g fat (19g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as chocolate caramel hazelnut fluff in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018