Easy Peanut Butter & Pretzel Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-3/4 cups crushed pretzel sticks
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Additional crushed pretzel sticks, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crushed pretzels and 1/3 cup sugar with melted butter. Using the bottom of a glass, press onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until set, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Beat peanut butter, softened butter, cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup cream. Microwave gelatin on high until melted, about 10 seconds; stir into peanut butter mixture. Transfer to crust.
- Microwave chocolate chips and remaining cream on high; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture. If desired, top with additional crushed pretzels. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 750 calories, 54g fat (26g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 13, 2019
Terrrible recipe.. the crust falls apart in the oven, its oily.. and at the end it stickes to pan so much that you cant put it off.... so now the cake is without crust.
Feb 12, 2019
Fantastic pie. This dessert is very easy to do and was a hit with my friends. I love that the peanut butter flavor isn't really overt but is just right. And who wouldn't love chocolate and peanut butter together. Nice recipe!
Oct 1, 2017
Possibly the worst recipe I have ever tried to follow. If the word "easy" is in the title, this means novice bakers like myself will be more attracted to this recipe. As such, the details in this recipe are VERY vague. There are lots of problems which actually come up when trying to follow this recipe that are not addressed. 1) The crust does not work. As soon as you put the crust in the oven to bake, it melts down to the bottom of the pie pan and does not stay around the sides. NO help from the recipe as to how they managed to avoid this. 2) They do not explain how to keep the peanut butter mixture from spreading into my ganache mixture as I am spreading the ganache mixture on the pie. I frankly feeling like the picture they have posted is misleading. Not enough detail. Poor pie filling, tastes very bland and more like butter than peanut butter. Less butter, more peanut butter.