Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: broken Nutter Butter cookies, chopped peanuts and whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, beat corn syrup, sugar, peanut butter and salt until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 60-70 minutes or until top is puffed and center is almost set; cover top loosely with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. (Top may sink and crack slightly upon cooling.) Serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. Top as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without optional toppings): 538 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 14, 2018
I thought this was just ok. Maybe it's because I used reduced fat peanut butter? The consistency on the inside peanut butter part reminded me of the inside of a pecan pie. I had to cook it longer than expected as well. I put a milk chocolate granache-type layer on top of the pie and I think that made the pie taste better than it would have otherwise. I think next time I'll try a different peanut butter pie.
Jul 30, 2017
This is delicious!!
Oct 18, 2016
Unbelievable peanut butter pie recipe! So tasty and so easy to make for dessert on a weeknight. I tried the pie crust recipe as is first and then I made another pie a few weeks later using crushed up peanut butter cookies, just like a graham cracker crust. I think I like that better! I'm sure it's not too healthy that way but it sure is delicious!
Apr 21, 2015
I love the custard like taste this peanut butter pie has. Delicious. Wouldn't change a thing!
Mar 20, 2015
Maw Maw you've got to make that peanut butter pie again! That's what my two grandsons, ages 7 and 3 said after I made this wonderful pie. They are big peanut butter fans and I thought they'd like this pie so I made it in honor of 3-14-15 (PI Day). I didn't have any toppings for it and that didn't matter at all to them, although I do think they would have liked it with Cool Whip. Very easy to make, keeps well (if there is any left to keep) and one I will definitely make again. I used crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy because that is what my family likes and I think it added to the texture and taste of the pie in a positive way. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Feb 10, 2015
My family and I really enjoyed this pie! I was able to throw it together quickly for a midweek surprise treat. We topped ours with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. I was also very happy with the crust recipe. Thanks!!
Jan 18, 2015
Wow! This was excellent! I didn't have any of the suggested toppings, so I topped it with chocolate sauce. That turned out to be a great choice! I highly recommend it.