Coffee Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, coffee and butter until blended. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Stir in condensed milk.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Pour into a 9-in. pan. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 292 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 1, 2009
You don't do the cream step? I am using my ice cream maker for the first time so I am new at this! Any help would be appreciated!
Mar 2, 2008
This is a great recipe. It is so creamy and you don't need to make it like traditional creamy ice cream. No need for eggs or lots of time spent on preparation. I just omit the last step and put it in my ice cream maker.
Feb 27, 2008
thanks DH loves coffee
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.