Vanilla Coffee Creamer
Flavored coffee creamer drives my husband nuts. Even so, I still make this classic vanilla one all the time. It’s better (and cheaper) than store-bought—and I know exactly what’s in it! —Shauna Sever, San Francisco, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, 2% milk or heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt
- Split vanilla bean lengthwise. Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into a small saucepan; add bean.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan; cook and stir over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Discard vanilla bean. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Stir before using.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 64 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.