Dark Chocolate-Caramel Macchiato Pie
One of my first entries in the National Pie Championship was this impressive pie with coffee flavor and cool chocolate curls on top. —Amy Mills, Sebring, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 8 undipped biscotti (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- FILLING AND TOPPING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) softened cream cheese, divided
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, melted
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup caramel sundae syrup
- Shaved chocolate
- Additional caramel syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pulse biscotti in a food processor until fine crumbs form (about 1-1/4 cups). Add butter; pulse until blended. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat 4 ounces cream cheese until creamy. Gradually beat in melted dark chocolate and coffee until blended. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Spread in crust. Freeze until set, about 30 minutes.
- Beat remaining cream cheese until creamy. Gradually beat in melted milk chocolate until blended. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Spread over first layer. Freeze until set, about 30 minutes.
- Place remaining whipped topping in a large bowl; fold in 1/4 cup caramel syrup. Spread over pie; top with shaved chocolate. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, drizzle with additional caramel syrup before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 413 calories, 27g fat (18g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Caramel Macchiato Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.