Chocolate-Amaretto Mousse Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 1/4 cup butter; quickly spread in an even layer over bottom and sides of prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the condensed milk, salt and remaining butter and chips until melted; stir until well blended. Gradually stir in the water; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add amaretto; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature.
- Fold half of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Using foil, lift chocolate shell out of pan; gently peel off foil. Return shell to the pie plate; spoon filling into shell. Garnish with remaining whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds. Chill for 3 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 742 calories, 52g fat (31g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 22, 2019
I have this a high rating for three reasons. First, it was easy to make. Second, it was delicious. Third, it was gluten free. I love a good pie crust. Love it. But my daughter is sensitive to gluten and tries to avoid it. Lots of good substitute flours out there, but I think most will agree there is nothing quite like wheat! But this chocolate crust is a great substitute! Thank you for this recipe.
Jul 10, 2018
I love this pie, only thing i changed was to not use the almonds - not a favorite in our family but i did top it with a few raspberries - it was so delicious, husband has already had 2 large pieces - so easy and so pretty to serve