Chocolate-Amaretto Mousse Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 1/4 cup butter; quickly spread in an even layer over bottom and sides of prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the condensed milk, salt and remaining butter and chips until melted; stir until well blended. Gradually stir in the water; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add amaretto; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature.
- Fold half of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Using foil, lift chocolate shell out of pan; gently peel off foil. Return shell to the pie plate; spoon filling into shell. Garnish with remaining whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds. Chill for 3 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 742 calories, 52g fat (31g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 10, 2018
I love this pie, only thing i changed was to not use the almonds - not a favorite in our family but i did top it with a few raspberries - it was so delicious, husband has already had 2 large pieces - so easy and so pretty to serve