Mocha Mousse Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream, coffee granules, sugar and vanilla on low until coffee and sugar are dissolved. Beat on high just until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- Gradually fold remaining cream mixture into cooled chocolate until well blended. Pour into pie crust. Spread with reserved cream mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 474 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 3, 2009
The pie is terrible if you use 2 Tablespoons! I think 2 teaspoons would be much more appropriate.
Jul 6, 2008
I believe there was a typographical error in this recipe. The coffee flavor severely overpowers everything else! I think the recipe meant to call for 2 teaspoons of instant coffee-- NOT 2 Tablespoons. It's also very important to allow the pie to chill for 2+ hours, before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.