Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Chopped chocolate, optional
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 1/2 cup milk and the chocolate until chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon extract. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- Set aside eight whole cherries for garnish. Chop the remaining cherries; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in water and remaining milk. Beat in pudding mix and remaining extract. Fold in whipped cream. Stir in chopped cherries and almonds.
- Pour over pie. Chill 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whole cherries and, if desired, chopped chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without chopped chocolate): 469 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 21, 2017
Very festive and rich holiday dessert. Lovely topped with stemmed cherries and chocolate curls.
Dec 31, 2015
My husband demands this pie every Christmas from now on. Delicious!
Dec 12, 2012
awesome ..a great holiday pie or anytime pie..one of my # 1 and a hit with family and friends
Nov 17, 2012
This pie is fabulous! I have made this for pot-lucks and family holiday events and it is always a hit. I use the slivered (sliced) almonds and lightly toast them.
Sep 20, 2012
this is a wonderful pie recipe everytime I make it someone raves about it and wants the recipe thats what Im doing today ,getting a copy for my daughter to make for her family!
May 30, 2012
Wonderful, light and tasty. I've made this twice. The first time I made a graham cracker crust w/ coconut and melted butter, the second w/ oreo baking crumbs, coconut and butter. Preferred the chocolate, but both terrific. Our company loved it. A keeper recipe.
Apr 1, 2012
One of my daughter's favorite pies. Comes out great exactly as written.
Jan 21, 2012
Years ago I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine in my Mother's friends house, I knew as soon as I saw it, it was a classic. My family refers to it as Christmas pie, we all love it and they expect it every year.
Dec 29, 2011
Excellent pie! I have been making this pie for years.
Dec 26, 2010
I made this for Christmas and my husband and his family loved it! They said I could actually sell this pie! :) Thanks for the recipe.