Almond Cherry Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3-1/2 cups fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cherries in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk and melted butter; stir in just until moistened. Spread over cherries.
- In another bowl, mix cornstarch, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Mix boiling water and almond extract; pour slowly over top. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 297 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 19, 2017
My family loved this cobbler. The only thing I would change next time, is reduce the almond extract by half. It was a tad overpowering.
Jun 29, 2017
Wow! This was so easy and so tasty. I'm having a hard time not eating it all before the husband and kids get home.