Chocolate Ganache Tarts
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; beat in flour. Drop dough by scant tablespoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups; with well-floured hands, press dough onto bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Beat chocolate mixture until soft peaks form. Pipe or spoon into tart shells. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 7, 2019
I have several mini tart cookie recipes and these are a nice addition to the collection. The shell is mild while the chocolate is sweet, creating a nice balance.
Jun 5, 2017
I read all the reviews and decided to use the filo mini shells.. This was way too sweet, I've realized I also hate filo shells. I wound up throwing the entire batch away and went to the grocery store to purchase a dessert.
Mar 15, 2014
Yum! I'd love to try this filling in a full sized pie! The pastry was very crumbly for me and creating the shells was time consuming. Otherwise, a very easy recipe with minimal ingredients.Oh, and I used half bitter-sweet and half semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Jan 1, 2014
I did not care for the shells. I ended up piping the filling into phyllo tartlet shells. I got rave reviews!
Jul 13, 2013
The crust was a too thick but had nice flavor.
Jun 30, 2012
This is my first attempt at making pastries, and it was very simple and delicious.
Dec 15, 2011
Simple, elegant, and delicious. These are great. The pastry puffed up when it was baked, so I used the back side of a little 1/4 teaspoon to push the dough down to create an indentation in the center. I doubled the recipe and ended up with a lot of extra chocolate filling. I used a Wilton #12 tip to pipe the chocolate into the pastry shells. Piping made it easy and pretty. You may want to do the third step 1st so that the chocolate can cool while you work on the pastry shells. This is a "must try" recipe.
Aug 30, 2010
YUMMY! So easy to make and they look so professional. Will make again many times.
Apr 29, 2010
I took these easy to make tarts to a weekly card game, and everyone liked them very much. The crust is very flaky, but I think the chocolate could be a little bit more chocolatey.
Apr 26, 2010
I made these for a bridal shower. Everyone loved them.