Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 450°. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread melted chocolate over bottom of crust. Refrigerate until almost set, 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cream and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over chocolate layer.
- Arrange strawberries over filling; brush strawberries with jelly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove sides of pan before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 545 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 1, 2017
This was so delicious my guest just gobbled it up. I didn't have the chocolate so I made it without. Definitely a keeper.
Jul 13, 2013
this was very good, however I did not add the chocolate and it tasted great
Sep 5, 2011
Tastes like a recipe from a master chef. My husband forwarned me that if I make one to take to a family gathering, I'd better make one to leave at home.
Jun 29, 2011
I've made at least 4 of these delicious and beautiful tarts. It is fabulous!
Jun 5, 2010
Delicious. The chocolate added just the right touch.