Rustic Fruit Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add oil and milk, tossing with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In another bowl, combine the rhubarb, raspberries, sugar and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Unwrap dough and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with waxed paper and roll the dough into an 11-in. circle. Discard waxed paper.
- Spoon fruit mixture into the center of dough to within 2 in. of the edges. Fold edges of dough over fruit, leaving center uncovered. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove to a wire rack. Combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm tart.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1/2 tart: 852 calories, 30g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 141g carbohydrate (77g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 1, 2013
Wonderful. Quick and easy to do. Delicious in taste. Pretty presentation.I impressed the whole family.
Aug 23, 2011
didn't make the glaze but did sprinkle on some natural sugar after brushing on an egg wash. Used fresh peaches and blueberries! Will be making this A LOT!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.