Rustic Pear Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, cherries and vanilla. Combine 3 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over pear mixture and stir gently to combine. Spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with walnuts. Fold edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over folded pastry. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 239 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 9, 2018
I prepared this delicious tart tonight and it is a hands down winner. It is easy to prepare and before long we were enjoying a warm slice. I followed the recipe but had to substitute dried cranberries for the cherries. It was still delicious. It cooked for 35 minutes. I highly recommend this delicious dessert.Volunteer Field Editor
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.