Dutch Apricot Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots (about 16)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add apricots and lemon juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and pecans. Stir in butter. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 431 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 18, 2015
Delicious! The topping makes it!
Aug 28, 2013
Apricot pie is my husband's favorite. This one is excellent.
Jul 18, 2012
Get these rotten ads off of the recipe that you print. Are you kidding me? No other site makes you print these ink sucking ads no one cares about. I will either print it out by hand or just switch to another site.
Jul 3, 2012
Due to comments about the pie being too tart, we have reviewed it and increased the sugar to 1 cup. The tartness of the pie could vary based on how ripe the apricots are. Also, the apricots do not need peeled before using them.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Jul 2, 2012
I made this pie today & found it a little tart. I only had 12 apricots, not enough for 4 cups so I used 5 fresh peaches & that brought it up to 4 cups. I only used the 3/4 cups sugar & probably should have used 1 full cup, or more & maybe it would have been a little sweeter. Also, did not have the quick cooking topioca so I used 3 tsps. cornstarch. My pie set up quite nicely, after putting it in the refrigerator when it was almost cool. The recipe did not say to leave the skins on the apricots & I took them off, but wondered if they also could have been left on, for more flavor? My pie also took much longer to bake than the 45 mins. in the recipe. Was a nice change of fruit pie, but the blueberry pie was gone in a flash, not like this one! I may try to make it again just to see what a apricot pie tastes like without the peaches, I had to use. Wish the recipe told the amount of peaches to purchase along with the total of cups needed, as I would have bought more, as I guessed wrong. Any way, it was different to make & looked nice, but not a lot of takers!
Jul 1, 2012
The taste was good, but the filling was runny. It didn't hold together.
Apr 12, 2010
No Good Very Sour