Apple Bavarian Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in flour and vanilla until blended. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Pour over crust. In another large bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 400°; bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle almonds over top; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan before slicing. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 213 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2019
I believe the crust was too stiff and created a plating disaster. It does not cut easily and does not remove with the cream and apples.
Oct 20, 2018
We LOVED this torte! Thanks!!
Oct 19, 2018
First time I made it and the torte came out beautifully!!
Mar 23, 2015
YUM! YUM! YUM! This torte has become a favorite desert!
Nov 2, 2013
Made this exactly as written. Not only tasted great but made a nice presentation.