Macaroon Ice Cream Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 30 chocolate or plain macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits or 4 (1.4-ounce) Heath candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Hot fudge topping, warmed
- Sprinkle a third of the cookies into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Layer with 2 cups coffee ice cream, another third of the cookies, 2 cups chocolate ice cream and 1/2 cup toffee bits; repeat layers.
- Freeze, covered, until firm. May be frozen up to 2 months. Remove torte from freezer 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with fudge topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without fudge topping): 341 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2016
I made this years ago and still enjoy it today. How can you go wrong with Heath bars?You don't even have to have the fudge topping, it is really delicious straight out ofthe pan as is. Super easy to make and everyone loves it. Thanks for sharing therecipe, I , too still call it " The Girdlebuster" and it's fun to share the original name.
Jul 12, 2014
This is a great ice cream dessert and very impressive. Everyone thinks it has been bought at an ice cream shop. Oh, and it is DELICIOUS!!!!
May 20, 2012
great for summer. I usually use 1/2 gal. each for the ice creams.
Mar 2, 2011
Oct 2, 2010
Everyone loved this recipe. It is so delicious and a great dessert for a hot summer day.
Apr 15, 2010
This was unbelivable, amazing and easy. I made this for a lunch date and forbid the kids to touch it, we wanted it ALL for ourselves!
Apr 30, 2009
THIS DESSERT IS SINFULLY DELICIOUS. I MADE IT FOR COMPANY & THEY WENT WILD. I DO LIKE THE ORIGINAL NAME OF "THE GIRDLEBUSTER". TODAY WE COULD CALL IT A SPANX BUSTER.