Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons
This perfect macaroon has dark chocolate, chewy coconut and macadamia nuts and is dipped in chocolate—sinful and delicious! —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Stir in egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake until set and dry to the touch, 15-20 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 136 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons in Reminisce October/November 2007