Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons
This perfect macaroon has dark chocolate, chewy coconut and macadamia nuts and is dipped in chocolate—sinful and delicious! —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Stir in egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake until set and dry to the touch, 15-20 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 136 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons in Reminisce October/November 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.