Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) milk chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange juice and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3-2/3 cups coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in remaining coconut. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 221 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 28, 2018
Will be using this in my "go to" list of cookies to make for weddings and other special occasions. They are easy to make, keep well and can be frozen.
Aug 19, 2013
Really good cookies. A bit time consuming to make, but worth it. Once cooled I placed them on a parchment lined cookie sheet to freeze individually. Once frozen stacked them in a plastic container w/ wax paper in between layers and back into the freezer for later use. This recipe made 62 cookies. Will make again.
Jan 16, 2013
I am making the recipe again right now. =) These cookies are amazing!
Dec 20, 2011
One of my favorite cookies, instead of using one mini kiss i just put two or three choc chips on top, easier to eat that way:)
Dec 13, 2009
I would rather bake bread, or bars, or anything besides cookies, but they were easy enough for me and absolutely delicious. The crystal sugar coating was elegant, and I used almond kisses to enhance the almond flavor.