Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min./batch + cooling
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green food coloring, optional
- 44 milk chocolate kisses
- Baking cocoa, optional
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5-8 minutes. If desired, divide batter in half and fold in red and green food coloring.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1-1/2-in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie and cover it with meringue, using a knife.
- Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool. If desired, sprinkle with cocoa. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 cookies: 86 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 15, 2019
I made these for my ladies card night, and ended eating most of them..so delicious and addictive
Feb 20, 2014
All I have to say is...WOW!! These are amazing!
Dec 21, 2012
I didn't tint the meringue and used Hersheys Hugs and 2/3 Andes Creme De Mente Thins....AWESOME!!!!! I tried dark chocolate kisses but didn't care for them as well.
Dec 17, 2011
Just made these and ate one as soon as it came out of the oven and it was so good! These cookies are so light and airy and with the surprise of the hershey kiss in the middle...MMMMM...! I only had to bake mine for 25 min. and they were done..