Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Macaroons
These pretty cookies are perfect for the special holiday season and pretty easy to make! —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 2/3 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste, crumbled
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place hazelnuts and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor; process until nuts are finely ground. Add almond paste, egg whites and remaining sugar; process until blended, about 3 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag; insert a large star pastry tip. Fill bag with hazelnut mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in. rosettes 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown, 12-14 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 134 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Hazelnut Macaroons in Country Woman Magazine - Release to Web 2013 and 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.