Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Macaroons
These pretty cookies are perfect for the special holiday season and pretty easy to make! —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 2/3 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste, crumbled
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place hazelnuts and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor; process until nuts are finely ground. Add almond paste, egg whites and remaining sugar; process until blended, about 3 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag; insert a large star pastry tip. Fill bag with hazelnut mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in. rosettes 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown, 12-14 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 134 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Hazelnut Macaroons in Country Woman Magazine - Release to Web 2013 and 2014