Figgy Apple Brie Tart
Our holiday gatherings often included baked brie. I transformed it into a dessert that’s savory and sweet. It still makes a wonderful appetizer, too. —Kristie Schley, Severna Park, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large apples
- 1 cup dried figs, halved
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spread butter over bottom of a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Peel, quarter and core apples; arrange in a circular pattern over sugar, rounded side down. Place figs around apples. Place skillet over medium heat; cook until sugar is caramelized and apples have softened slightly, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat; top with cheese.
- Unroll crust; place over apples, tucking under edges. Place skillet in oven on an upper rack; bake until crust is golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Cool in skillet 5 minutes. Carefully invert onto a serving plate; serve warm.