Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed
- In a small skillet, saute leek in butter until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place tart shells on a baking sheet. Slice cheese into 15 pieces; place one piece in each tart shell. Top each with 1-1/2 teaspoons leek mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 86 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2013
Made these for Thanksgiving and every one was raving about them. Loved them. Will make for the next holidays...
Nov 15, 2013
Made these tonight for my husband & my mother, who is visiting from out of town. They absolutely loved these! And there weren't any leftovers! Will definitely make again!
Oct 19, 2013
Made these for the first time tonite for my appy party and they did not disappoint! Like magic, they all disappeared really, really quickly (note-there were only 5 of us). Did make my own phyllo mini tart shells for this as well. Copies of recipes requested. Absolutely fantastically tasty!!
Mar 22, 2012
I substituted mini pie shells for the tartlets.
Apr 18, 2011
OMG! These are soooo tasty! I have made them many, many times. Everyone loves them. It makes a lot more filling than necessary so I double up on the shells. Don't worry though, they'll get eaten!
Feb 15, 2011
Delicious! Great for entertaining guests. They will be impressed :-)
Feb 6, 2011
I have made these three times in the past 2 months and they have turned out wonderfully each time. They are easy and delicious and disappear off the serving tray quickly. Try them and you won't be disappointed.
Jul 26, 2010
Love these. I didn't have leeks and used onions and they worked just fine.
Jan 1, 2010
Not as good as they sound
Oct 26, 2008
Great little appetizer.Quick and easy to make.Very tasty. Everyone loved them.