Butternut Thyme Tartlets
A great teaser for what's to come, this light and crunchy appetizer is filled with my favorite late-fall flavors. Make the creamy filling a few days early, then fill the phyllo cups right before guests arrive. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cubed butternut squash (about 8 ounces), thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place shells in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- For filling, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Coarsely chop squash; add to cream cheese. Add goat cheese, shallot, minced thyme, lemon zest and seasonings; beat until blended.
- To serve, spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each shell. Top with thyme. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 49 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Butternut Thyme Mousse Tartlets in Simple & Delicious October/November 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.