German Plum Tart
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds plums, quartered (about 4 cups)
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 3 tablespoons sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until mixture forms a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate.
- Arrange plums, skin side up with edges overlapping, in crust; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and fruit is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 237 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 30, 2019
I grew up with this plum dessert made by my German grandmother. She always dotted butter between the plums and sprinkled cinnamon sugar over the top. Delicious!!
Aug 31, 2017
I haven't made this yet - BUT - why isn't there any sugar sprinkled over the plums ?
Jul 16, 2011
This was very easy to make and delicious!