Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and crumbs. Line a 9-in. pie pan with bottom crust; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture and pack gently. Cover with plums. Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over plums.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Make small cuts or slits in top crust; place over plums. Seal and flute edges. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 472 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2015
We have a plum tree in our backyard and it produces the tastiest plums!! When there are plenty of plums, this recipe is a GREAT way to use them up! Everybody LOVES this recipe! I've found that 5 saltines make about 1/4 of crumbs.