Orchard Pear Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large ripe pears, peeled and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, sour cream, sugar, flour, yogurt, vanilla and salt. Gently stir in pears. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, in a small bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans and cardamom. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over pie.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Cover edge with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.