Creamy Pear Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, toss pears with sugar and flour. Combine sour cream and extracts; add to pear mixture until blended. Pour into pie shell.
- In a small bowl, mix toppings ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 45 minutes more or until the pears are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 324 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2016
Excellent recipe - easy and delicious! Family thoroughly enjoyed it so will definitely make again. Thank you!
Oct 8, 2013
This was good. My pears weren't as sweet, so I upped the sugar a little.
Jul 28, 2011
This was one of the best pies I have ever tasted. I am not partial to pie usually but this is the exception.
Nov 25, 2009
I tried this with canned pears and it did not taste as good, also used veggie peeler to peel the pears worked great.
Nov 19, 2009
This pie is sooo good, my whole family loves it and I will be making it many times again. The only down fall is the prep of the pears.
Aug 25, 2009
I wonder whether this would work with frozen pears. Maybe I'll try it someday, adding an extra spoon of flour.