Perfect Plum & Peach Pie
I created this recipe to fit with in-season summer fruit. The plums give the pie a splash of color as well as flavor, and the crumb topping is both easy and excellent! —Rachel Johnson, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 6 medium black plums, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crust onto a lightly floured surface; roll to a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; trim and flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Toss peaches and plums with flour, sugar and spices; transfer to crust. Using a fork, mix topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until golden brown and bubbly, 40-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Health Tip: Using a crumb topping instead of a top pastry crust is an easy way to lighten up your favorite fruit pie. Here it saves over 50 calories and 5g fat per serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 311 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Perfect Plum and Peach Pie in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017