Perfect Plum & Peach Pie
I created this recipe for in-season summer fruit. The plums give the pie a splash of color as well as flavor, and the crumb topping is both easy and excellent! —Rachel Johnson, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 6 medium black plums, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crust onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; trim and flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Toss peaches and plums with flour, sugar and spices; transfer to crust. Using a fork, mix topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until golden brown and bubbly, 40-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Health Tip: Using a crumb topping instead of a top pastry crust is an easy way to lighten up your favorite fruit pie. Here it saves over 50 calories and 5 grams of fat per serving.