Ginger Plum Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh plums (about 10 medium)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a work surface, unroll crust. Roll to a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss plums with 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Arrange plums on crust to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with ginger. Fold crust edge over plums, pleating as you go.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and water; brush over folded crust. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 190 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Sep 25, 2016
I'm pie crust challenged, so I'm happy to take advantage of a store bought pastry. It's not overly sweet, which showcases the taste of the plums and I served it with some vanilla ice cream. Freshly whipped cream would be another great choice. Don't like plums? Give it a try with apples, pears or peaches, they'd all work well with the ginger.
Nov 19, 2010
not too sweet, served with custard
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.