Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes longer (mixture will be very thick).
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in lemon juice. Cover and cool completely.
- Fold in sour cream. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 386 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 12, 2016
This is the best lemon pie I've ever had. Every time I make everyone asks for the recipie. It is Absolutely delicious!
Mar 22, 2011
This pie was absoloutely amazing-simply delicious. I don't care for lemon meringue and was apprehensive to try this but it was so yummy! The best lemon pie I have ever had. The perfect lemon flavor sweet but with the right amount of tartness. I didn't have any lemon peel so I left it out, I did add a drop of lemon extract....The results was so delicious!!!!
Nov 20, 2010
Love this pie and its perfect for the times people are over who don't care for meringue.
Aug 17, 2010
Excellent - tangy and creamy. Love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.