Apple Crumb Tart with Cinnamon Cream
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 large apples, peeled and finely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- CINNAMON CREAM:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix first four ingredients and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Remove 1 cup mixture to a small bowl; stir in 1/4 cup flour until blended. Reserve for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan. Bake until light brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Increase oven setting to 400°.
- In a large saucepan, combine apples and brown sugar; cook over medium heat until apples are tender, 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, raisins and remaining flour. Transfer to crust; sprinkle with topping. Bake until golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-22 minutes. Place on a wire rack; cool at least 20 minutes.
- For cinnamon cream, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add syrup and cinnamon; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with tart.
Nutrition Facts1 piece with about 1 tablespoon cinnamon cream: 360 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 4, 2015
Lovely lovely lovely. Any way you slice it, this is delicious. Adjust the sugar, tweak the spices, use pears-in any variation, this recipe is great fun! Try the original recipe first though. It's worth it.
Sep 17, 2015
Thank you, Thank you! Thank you! ..for finally giving us back our choices of sizes to print!!!! Now I can start using these recipes again!!!!