Cinnamon-Caramel Peanut Butter Tart
Peanut butter and cinnamon create a unique, upscale flavor combination. This rich and creamy creation is one of my daughter's favorites. Keep copies of the recipe handy—everyone wants it. —Mary Hawkes, Prescott, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups crushed peanut butter-filled sandwich cookies (about 27 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened whipped cream and chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and butter. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt peanut butter chips and peanut butter with caramel topping and cinnamon; stir until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to lukewarm (90°), about 25-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold a third of the whipped cream into peanut butter mixture, then fold in remaining whipped cream; spread over crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream; sprinkle with peanuts.
Originally published as Cinnamon Caramel Peanut Butter Tart in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.