Caramel-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the eggs, butter, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Boil over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 17x15-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 15 slices. Place cut side down over caramel sauce. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes; invert onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 533 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 18, 2018
My first try at sweet rolls and we loved them! After reading the reviews, I cut the brown sugar down to 1 1/2 cups and the sweetness was just right for us. My husband rates all of the new recipes that I make and says this one is a keeper!
Nov 2, 2015
The dough was perfect. The cinnamon rolls came out a bit too sweet. Next time I will make them with less caramel pecan sauce.
Feb 5, 2015
Excellent - very sweet but loved by kids young and old. Does anyone know if you can make them the night before and freeze?
Nov 23, 2014
These are baking as I type. I recommend slowly adding the last 2 cups of flour. 5 was too much for me. I also used the trick I learned from sally to preheat my over to 200 degrees and turn it off to proof the cinnamon rolls! :)
Oct 9, 2014
Delicious dough but I would cut back on the topping to 1 cup br. sugar next time. A little too sweet for my taste.
Jan 5, 2014
These rolls were delicious! My family loved them. I used pecans that I had roasted in butter and sea salt.
Dec 18, 2013
made um ate um. dam they where good. THANK YOU SO VERRY MUCH. [email protected]
Nov 16, 2013
I made these and took them to work...they have now been requested for all events. They are WONDERFUL and will definitely make them again.
Mar 8, 2012
Very good recipe will definetly be making this again.......just don't over cook the carmel 2 min is plenty.
May 16, 2011
This recipe was quick and easy. What was even more exciting was that we actually cut them to 8 ginormous rolls and they were amazing. I will make these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.