Caramel-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the eggs, butter, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Boil over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- 4. Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 17x15-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 5. Cut into 15 slices. Place cut side down over caramel sauce. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 6. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; invert onto a serving platter.
1 roll: 533 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 10, 2019Great recipe. Came out perfect. I followed the advice from other reviews. Only using a total of four cups of flour was perfect to make the dough. It made the dough just sticky enough to stick to your handse and the surface but not enough to that it would leave dough on your hands. I needed for about ten minutes. I also used just 1.5 cups of brown sugar and was perfect. Next time I might use one cup of pecans instead of three quarters.
Dec 18, 2018This recipe is amazing I'm totally hooked!!
Feb 18, 2018
My first try at sweet rolls and we loved them! After reading the reviews, I cut the brown sugar down to 1 1/2 cups and the sweetness was just right for us. My husband rates all of the new recipes that I make and says this one is a keeper!
Nov 2, 2015
The dough was perfect. The cinnamon rolls came out a bit too sweet. Next time I will make them with less caramel pecan sauce.
Feb 5, 2015
Excellent - very sweet but loved by kids young and old. Does anyone know if you can make them the night before and freeze?
Nov 23, 2014
These are baking as I type. I recommend slowly adding the last 2 cups of flour. 5 was too much for me. I also used the trick I learned from sally to preheat my over to 200 degrees and turn it off to proof the cinnamon rolls! :)
Oct 9, 2014
Delicious dough but I would cut back on the topping to 1 cup br. sugar next time. A little too sweet for my taste.
Dec 31, 1969
These rolls were delicious! My family loved them. I used pecans that I had roasted in butter and sea salt.
Dec 18, 2013
made um ate um. dam they where good. THANK YOU SO VERRY MUCH. [email protected]
Dec 31, 1969
I made these and took them to work...they have now been requested for all events. They are WONDERFUL and will definitely make them again.