Apple-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
With cream cheese frosting on top, these treats are sure to become a holiday “must” at your house. Using the bread machine keeps preparation easy. —Sherri L. Emerson, Penn Yan, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apples
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll into a 21x16-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine the apples, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; spoon over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 1-3/4-in. slices.
- Place cut side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat the icing ingredients. Spread over warm rolls.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 476 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Feb 9, 2014
great change from regular cinnamon rolls
Sep 29, 2013
Feb 1, 2012
Quick and easy, made them after dinner(kids helped sprinkle toppings) and they were a huge hit for school breakfast.