Cinnamon Spiced Apples
If you’re feeling festive, scoop some vanilla ice cream over a bowl of my cinnamon spiced apples. They’re homey, aromatic and just plain heavenly. —Amie Powell, Knoxville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Place apples in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; add sugar mixture and toss to coat. Top with butter. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until apples are tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 181 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apples in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.