Cinnamon Spiced Apples
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients. Place apples in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; add sugar mixture and toss to coat. Top with butter. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until apples are tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 181 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Mar 20, 2020
Very good! BUT, I did not want to run the risk of overcooking the apples so I cooked them stove top. It depends upon which kind of apples you have as to how long to cook them. I had golden delicious on hand and they were tender after 15 min.
Dec 27, 2015
Made this for Christmas. It had good flavor, but turned to mush. Not sure I would make this again.