Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 cups
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar, water, butter and cornstarch and cinnamon to a boil; boil for 2 minutes until thick. Reduce heat to medium. Add apples; cook for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 102 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 7, 2015
LOVE this! I made it just as written except I double the recipe because it is so good!
Oct 5, 2009
This recipe is certainly a keeper in my house. I doubled it and had no leftovers. It was so easy and tasted great. I will be making this often.
Jan 28, 2009
This was so yummy! I tripled the recipe for the syrup part and used just the three apples because we like a lot of syrup! I used it to top the Apple Spice Waffles from this site. Sooo good! Thank you for the great recipe!