Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 cups
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar, water, butter and cornstarch and cinnamon to a boil; boil for 2 minutes until thick. Reduce heat to medium. Add apples; cook for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 102 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 7, 2015
LOVE this! I made it just as written except I double the recipe because it is so good!
Oct 5, 2009
This recipe is certainly a keeper in my house. I doubled it and had no leftovers. It was so easy and tasted great. I will be making this often.
Jan 28, 2009
This was so yummy! I tripled the recipe for the syrup part and used just the three apples because we like a lot of syrup! I used it to top the Apple Spice Waffles from this site. Sooo good! Thank you for the great recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.