Apple Spice Syrup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups apple juice or cider
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, allspice and nutmeg; mix well. Add juice or cider. Cook and stir over medium heat until syrup is bubbly and slightly thickened.
Nutrition Facts3 tablespoons: 53 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 4, 2017
This is so delicious and just warm and fuzzy - love this and oh so easy to prepare my kids liked it on their oatmeal too.
May 20, 2015
I really love trying new syrup recipes! This one is really great. I like how you have the choice of apple juice, which I usually have on hand.
Feb 16, 2013
My family loves this, makes pancakes into an extra special breakfast. So quick & easy, too!
Oct 21, 2012
Been making this for years. Excellent especially now when cider is in season.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.