Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla and extract if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 tablespoons: 88 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 20, 2015
Delicious! Nice change from my usual maple syrup.
Nov 15, 2009
After running out of store bought syrup, I decided to look into making my own. This was quick and delicious. I don't know if I will ever buy it again! Thanks!
Aug 31, 2008
We had this with buttermilk pancakes and again over vanilla ice cream. I used the rum extract. Simple, yummy and a great seasonal aroma - (it is early Fall here). Will be making again.