Cinnamon Spiced Cider
With my first sip of this brisk cider, I know autumn has arrived. It makes the kitchen smell so festive that I serve it during the holidays, too. Transfer it to a slow cooker set on low to keep it warm until the last party guest leaves. —Tina Butler, Royse City, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2-1/2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup Red Hots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine cider, Red Hots and nutmeg. Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather up corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Add to Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to loosen candies. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag.
Originally published as Hot Tamale Spiced Cider in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.