Apple Cinnamon Jelly
I have made this for my five kids for their peanut butter sandwiches throughout all of their school years. I have made jars and jars of this wonderful jelly for gifts for teachers, neighbors and relatives for Christmas. It's easy, delicious and homemade—what's not to love? Be prepared to have to make this jelly regularly once the kids get a taste of it! —Nancy Jenkins, Fullerton, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Process: 5 min.
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- In a Dutch oven, combine apple juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir into apple mixture; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into seven hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor’s Note: The processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 99 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Apple Cinnamon Jelly in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018