Total TimePrep: 10 min. Process: 10 min. + standing
- 1 quart unfiltered apple cider or juice
- 2/3 cup red hots candy
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine cider and red hots. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2016
This is such an amazing recipe! I needed an easy jelly recipe to make with a group of teens and found this one. The red hots are a fantastic touch for flavor and such a pretty color! Make this, you won't be disappointed! Thanks so much for a keeper recipe!