Spiced Apple Cider Jelly Shots
These spiced, spiked gelatin squares are sure to get the party started at fall get-togethers. If you’re going for the more traditional shot-style look, pour the mixture into 2-ounce plastic cups and refrigerate until set. — Rachel Seis, Senior Editor, Taste of Home
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cold apple cider or juice
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups ginger-flavored vodka
- 2 teaspoons Angostura bitters
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Thinly sliced apple, optional
- Pour apple cider into a large saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over top; let stand, without stirring, until gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. Whisk in sugar. Heat and stir over low heat until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved, 8-10 minutes (do not boil); remove from heat. Stir in vodka; pour mixture into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate, uncovered, until mixture is firm, about 2 hours.
- To unmold, run a sharp knife along edges of gelatin; invert onto a cutting board and lift off pan. Cut into 64 squares; brush tops with bitters and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. If desired, garnish with apple slices.