Hot Spiced Cider
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 gallon apple cider or apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended (do not boil). Discard spice bag.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 113 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Sep 25, 2018
Nice Recipe, Tried over the weekend, it was awesome.
Nov 7, 2015
Best mulled cider ever. No need to change anything.
Sep 19, 2015
with fall upon us tis is seriously awesome - the addition of the maple syrup is so goo.
Dec 23, 2014
everyone ranted and raved about this been making every holiday ever since
Dec 8, 2013
This recipe was okay and very easy to make, I just personally didn't care for the blend of flavors. To me, it was a little too citrusy. Not bad, just not my taste.
Nov 1, 2013
So delicious. Would make again.