Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
Makes18 servings (4-1/2 quarts)
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 gallon apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tea bag
- In a large stockpot, combine the water, allspice, cinnamon stick and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Return just to a boil. Discard cinnamon stick and tea bag. Stir and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 168 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 1, 2013
This is by far the best Hot Cider recipe. I cut the recipe in half & added spiced rum to each cup. Next time I will add a handful of dried cranberries or golden raisins to each mug. The heat from the hot cider will plump them up, but have to remember to serve it with a little spoon so they can be spooned up?..! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us all.
Oct 17, 2010
This is SO delicious! We make it all the time!
Jan 6, 2010
Have made this twice. Second time I made my own lemonade concentrate with fresh lemon juice, sugar and water--turned out great again!Soothing and warm drink.
Nov 10, 2009
This recipe had so much flavor! My guests loved it! However, I think I would add less orange juice next time.
Oct 18, 2009
This is a wonderful recipe. Great flavor and easy to make. My guests raved about this all night! I put spiced rum and southern comfort on the side for anyone to add if they chose. I am definitely keeping this recipe for entertaining!