Hot Cider Punch
My hot fruit punch has been a family fave since 1993—hard to believe that we’ve loved it for 20 years! Adding clove-studded orange wedges makes it look especially festive. —Anita Bell, Hermitage, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium orange, cut into wedges
- Place cider, sugar, cinnamon stick and nutmeg in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Stir in orange and pineapple juices. Insert cloves into orange wedges; add to cider mixture and heat through. Discard cinnamon stick. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without orange wedges): 107 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Hot Apple and Spice Punch in Taste of Home December/January 2013
Jan 2, 2013
I just made this recipe for New Year's Eve and everyone really enjoyed it. My only suggestion is that if there is left over to pull the remaining oranges and cloves out as left in it made our left overs a bit bitter.